Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Jake, My new problem is that my ignition switch doesn't

Good morning Jake,
My new problem is that my ignition switch doesn't always work when I turn the key;
my mechanic friend said that he suspected it was a bit dodgy a couple of weeks ago. Should I go out and buy a new 48750BC60A switch assembly, and hope that it does the trick, or will I have problems getting the ECU to recognise that new switch?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.
Good morning, the ignition switch is just an electrical contact style switch. No programming or registration required, so it will have no effect with the ECU confirming the immobiliser registration read.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.
if you confirmed the ignition switch is bad, then your fine to swap it out.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Jake.
I've ordered a 48750BC60A, which should arrive Thursday or Friday.
I'll keep you informed.
Great to have a Nissan mechanic's advice on board.
Regards ***** *****