Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have taken my Nissan terrain to my local garage for a new

Customer Question

Hi I have taken my Nissan terrain to my local garage for a new starter motor to be fitted I also asked them to fit a new clutch while it was there they have done both the jobs now the car will start but cuts out after a few seconds they said it was the crank censor and fitted a new one but it is still the same they say they have taken the gearbox back out to check that they put the flywheel back on the right way and that's OK but it still won't run
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If they had machined the fly wheel this may have damaged it to where the crank sensor is unable to pickup the speed signal from it.I have seen this done before and the fly wheel had to be replaced.If they did not machine it and they have a crank sensor fault they need to check wiring to the sensor for any issues needing repaired and if all wiring is o.k. then the sensor itself may need replaced to resolve this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete