Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

We have a 2007 (Series 1) Nissan X trail with 2.0 Litre QR

Customer Question

Good morningWe have a 2007 (Series 1) Nissan X trail with 2.0 Litre QR 20DE Engine The cylinder head is defective and we are looking to fit a secondhand head.Will any QR 2.0 DE Head fit regardless of year and which vehicle it came off i.e. Primera etc. And can you confirm that the QR 25 DE head is identical.Thank you very much in anticipation for your assistance.
Chris
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am now urgently in need of a detailed response please.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
URGENT RESPONSE NEEDED:
Good morning
We have a 2007 (Series 1) Nissan X trail with 2.0 Litre QR 20DE Engine The cylinder head is defective and we are looking to fit a secondhand head.Will any QR 2.0 DE Head fit regardless of year and which vehicle it came off i.e. Primera etc. And can you confirm that the QR 25 DE head is identical. Alternatively will a complete engine of this type from any model fitted with the QR 20DE or QR 25 DE engine fit?Thank you very much in anticipation for your assistance.
Chris
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

Hello Chris

any QR 2.0 head should be OK but there were some revisions to the inlet port through the engines life so its best to try and match the same year if you can and check the overall width and height of the ports when buying compared to your part

the 25 head is no good as the combustion chamber volume is different ( bigger) so you'll lose compression ratio and power

its safe to use this head but probably not what you want

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

Hi do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you