Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Hope you can help. When taking my key out of ignition (Micra

Hi. Hope you can help. When taking my key out of ignition (Micra 2009) it's catching on something. When I eventually got it out it looks like flap at end of barrel is catching on key and digging into it.
Can you advise on how to rectify problem.Thank you. Shay.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

Hey there, is the key just slightly twisted (bent). That can cause it to catch like your talking about?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The key is not twisted. It's something to do with barrel. Some me that it might be dust blocker. You only have to put key in less than a third and then try to take it out its catching. You can see small flap catching key.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.
Well the dust blocker your referring to is part of the tumbler assembly. You can try to spray a little bit of Pblaster in there to free it up or as a last resort insert a small file and pull out, when it catches it will file any burrs off
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
File or oil did not work. Went to locksmith and they can remove dust blocker if I take ignition into them. €20.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.
If neither worked it removing it will not harm anything.
Just be careful with the NATS antennae amp mounted to it.