Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a nissan micra, while I am driving all is okay

Customer Question

I have a nissan micra, while I am driving all is okay however when I slow down at traffic lights, behind a car or at a roundabout the car knocks off. When it does it a few times the car does not start. There is no lights on the dashboard lit up.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

When this happens have you been able to check for spark while cranking?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this for the crankshaft position sensor?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

Well there are crankshaft and camshaft position sensors that tell the ECm the engine position for spark and injector pulse. When one of them fails, the engine prevents spark and injector pulse to prevent engine damage.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would this cause the engine to stall hen slowing down? This becomes a major problem when the car is going slow in that it chugs a bit then knocks off and it hard to restart
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

It could yes, does it stall like you turned the key or what? or does it chug out?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It chugs a little then knocks out. Then when you try to turn it on it doesnt start for a bit. It only happens when you slow down when your driving it is okay.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** service engine light come on when it happens?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is no engine light that comes on it just knocks off.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

The biggest concern here is your saying the car won't restart.

If it was consistently stalling when idling down, but restarting immediatly afterwards we look at idle adaptations or a dirty throttle body. If the revs were kinda jumping but it still was restarting we could look into the chain stretch issues, but yours not restarting makes me thing we need to check for spark.