Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Nissan X Tail 2,2 DCI SVE "loves Limp Mode" To date we have

Customer Question

Nissan X Tail 2,2 DCI SVE "loves Limp Mode"
To date we have done the following:
Engine out
New timing chains cogs etc. fitted
Recon pump fitted
Recon injectors fitted
Turbo cartridge fitted
New inter cooler fitted.
Recon fully tested throttle pedal unit fitted
PCV off old pump fitted as it was only weeks old.
Engine put back in.
Pump relearn carried out etc.
Wouldn't startEngine out as mechanic wanted to be sure the timing was correct.
Timing case stripped out back to basics
Discovered a difference in the Vac pump cog. We were getting cam shaft sensor error code P034something.
Put old pully back on cleared the error code
Starts if you prime the pump on the bulb, getting error code P1272 fuel rail pressure.
Changed sensor out cleared the error code
Vehicle will start but won't rev above 2000rpm
Mechanic was checking the vc line to the turbo and he pulled it off while running will rev up to 4000rpm
Put it back on and it goes to 2000rpm
Vehicle will now not start
Take off the PCV Valve connector and it will start but rev only to 2000rpmIs there anyone out there that has experienced this faff before?
(Oh and we don't get any error codes at all now)
If you have, would you please contact me or post a reply as there are a couple of people here about to get ready to take out the engine and start all over again.Any suggestions or advice will really be appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation for reading my epistle and for any replies posted
Best regards.
John
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 12 days ago.
Hey there, seems like you have really been ran through the ringer on this one. How frustrating.For what it’s worth, generally when I am seeing a fuel rail pressure code it has nothing to do with the sensor itself, it’s almost always related to the control valve on the pump or the pump itself, if the pump is new your best bet would be to time the pump and recalibrate it. The clear the lines at the #1 injector.Sorry for your troubles, cheers