Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

While driving my nissian nervda outlaw all of a sudden it

Customer Question

While driving my nissian nervda outlaw all of a sudden it cut out and would not start again when turn the key there is a click from the starter but does not turn over
Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: No can not turn the wheel as it won't start
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Reg gj55 or don't forget I was driving the truck when it just stop
Assistant: What year is your Nissan?
Customer: 2005
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: look at battery which is ok and has plenty of diesel
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for it to cut out and then click and no crank, this is usually a fault with a poor connection or corrosion at or leading from the battery itself.If you have not checked the connections and cables for any issues this needs to be done to see if any issues are found.If this was already checked or is checked and found to be o.k. let me know here so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi have checked the battery and connections have tried a battery power pack still no response lights ok and battery has green light on to stay fully charged .

Have you tested signals at the starter for any issues to see if any signals are missing? You should have at or near 12 volts DC at the large wire on the starter at all times.You should have at or near 12 volts DC on the smaller wire at the starter with the key held in the crank position.If you have these signals then the issue is the starter itself at fault.

If you are missing the ignition signal at the starter this can be a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself not sending the signals it needs to to allow the starter to engage as well as other ignition components to operate to allow the engine to start and run.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still no luck voltage at starter turn key and it does not turn over

If you have voltage at both wires at the starter but the starter does not engage this can be the starter itself at fault needing replaced.If you already replaced the starter the engine can be locked up due to an internal mechanical fault or due to hydrolocking from flooding out with fuel or coolant in the cylinders.You will need to have this looked into further to see if the starter needs to be replaced or if the engine has an internal problem.In allot of cases a local parts store will test the starter at no charge to you if you remove it and take it into them.

Thanks Pete