Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

For about the last four years my clitoris has become painful

Customer Question

For about the last four years my clitoris has become painful (I'm 49) - only feel the pain during sex, it's a dull ache, not any of the normal symptoms they write about online. I live in a small village and am too embarrassed to go to doctor about it, as I bump into them in the local stores. Is it just menopausal or should I private to get it checked out?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

This is not a normal sign of menopause and is not common due to normal vaginal dryness.

You should see a Dr for an exam. Some women develop a condition called lichen sclerosis which is a skin condition that may cause these symptoms.

It can be diagnosed by physical exam and biopsy. It is easily treated with steroid cream. Let me know what questions you have.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. If you have further questions, please let me know. Come back anytime if you need more help.