Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

My daughter has problems with still having breast milk after

Customer Question

My daughter has problems with still having breast milk after three years of giving birth to her son; even though she did not feed him on the breast due to the drugs she takes for fibromalyia and arthritis. has she an under lying hormone in balanace as she keeps losing her hair and has night sweats. is on injection as contractive and 29 years old. never been right physcial since his birth.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 4 years ago.

Welcome ad thank you for your question.

The presence of breast milk indicates a high level of the hormone prolactin in the blood. Prolactin usually rises after childbirth when a woman is breastfeeding but may occasionally rise even when not breastfeeding.

Prolactin may rise due to the presence of a brain tumor known as prolactinoma or may rise without any specific cause.

Loss of hair and night sweats can indicate a thyroid hormonne problem.

It is very likely that she does have a hormonal imbalance. Your daughter needs to consult her doctor for a thorough hormonal assessment with blood tests.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.. It is my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me by clicking on OK Service or above - it is only the way I get credit for helping you. Leaving a Bonus will be greatly appreciated.