Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Hi. I am in a very unfortunate position. I have been in a long

Customer Question

Hi. I am in a very unfortunate position. I have been in a long term relationship but we not so long ago split up temporarily. We are now back together and had full sexual inter course without protection around my fertile time. The day before this I stupidly had a sexual encounter with some else. We did not have full sexual inter course but he did enter me twice and then pulled out immediately. We then later on had other sexual contact but no inter course which resulted in him ejaculating. I have now found out I am pregnant. My question is is there a high chance it could be as a result of the one or two second inter course I had with the not long term guy.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 3 years ago.
It is far more likely that your pregnancy is from your long term relationship. Although it's possible for pregnancy to occur from pre cum, it rarely happens. When pregnancy occurs using the withdrawal technique, it's usually because the guy wasn't fast enough in withdrawing. There can be sperm in pre cum, but usually not in high enough numbers to achieve pregnancy. All that said, there is still a slight chance that your pregnancy is from the day before, but the chance is quite remote. There is no way that we can date a pregnancy so accurately to know exactly which day you got pregnant. So the only way to be 100% certain is using DNA testing, but I would say it's well over 99% likely that your long term relationship is the father. I hope that's helpful.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. That was my thought. What are the chances of getting pregnant not from intercourse? I.e if any of the sperm happen to be on a finger?
Unless the finger had a large quantity of semen and was inserted high in the vagina, there is almost no chance of getting pregnant from that finger.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank u again. You mentioned there would be a slight chance from the per cum, I am guessing this chance may have been more increased because of my fertile time? I am in such s difficult situation as certainly would not want to proceed with the pregnancy if it was not from my long term partner.
Any chance of pregancy is only possible at a woman's fertile time. Since there is almost no chance that this pregnancy is not from your long term partner, it would be a mistake (in my humble opinion) to terminate the pregancy because of a possibility that is infinitesmally small.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. I really appreciate your feedback. When I found out I was pregnant i was so very upset because of the possibility of it not being my long term partner's and had decided I couldn't risk it but now I've had time to think I am changing my mind. I would love to keep the baby but only if it was my partner's and that cannot be 100% guaranteed because of my so very foolish actions. I then started looking on the Internet and reading about how people have become pregnant from pre cum.
I hope you're also aware that a great deal of what you read on the internet is not true. Most women who claim they got pregnant from pre cum probably didn't.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I have thought that myself! I am categorically certain that the sexual encounter with the non long term partner was no where near anything to full intercourse. It was definitely entry only twice for a second or two and was in the very start of our encounter so he was no way near to the ejaculation point.
Again, it's almost impossible that he caused your pregnancy.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you so much. . I know ultimately it is my decision but you are quite confident my chance of pregnancy from non long term partner is almost negligible ? Would most gynaecologists agree that perspective?
I am quite confidant that your chance of pregnancy from the non long term partner is almost none. And I believe that most gyaecologists would agree with me.
Please click the Accept/Ratings button. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank u doctor. X
You're welcome.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience: Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Thank you for your payment.