Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

We have just completed our first ivf cycle and have had a negative

Customer Question

We have just completed our first ivf cycle and have had a negative pregnancy test. I am feeling tired and sluggish am suffering with acid indigestion and am very emotional. I had an unusual period but was still classed as a period and therefore told that this was a definite fail. Are my symptoms a result of the ivf treatment or is there still a chance it could have worked. I know that this is extremely hopeful but can't seem to get the answers I am looking for. Also I had a six day blastocyst transfer does this make any difference as my next cycle will be a double frozen embryo transfer?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 4 years ago.
Your symptoms are the result of the ivf treatment, and are common. If you're doubtful, a pregnancy test will assure you that you're not pregnant. The 6 day blasocyst transfer doesn't make a differnce. I would go ahead with your next cycle. Good luck!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks for you advice. how long will it be before my menstrual cycle will return to normal so I can go ahead with my next cycle?

Since your period was classed as a period, you can go ahead now with your next cycle. There are different ways of doing ivf, so your doctors may wish to suppress before trying ivf again.