Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Thanks for the response. I am not sure what tests the nurse

Customer Question

Thanks for the response. I am not sure what tests the nurse did but we discussed it could be an infection and it only hurts during sex in certain positions and only small amount of blood during sex. Could the urine infection have infected the IUD area. The nurse felt that an infection in the IUD and blood could be transfered during sex to the urine and that was likely why it was reoccuring. I guess I will need to know what the abnormalities were on the tests as you say
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Pearl.com. I amCustomer and I look forward to helping you with your problem today. A urine infection will not infect the uterus or IUD area. Also, an infection in the IUD could not be transferred during sex to the urine. They are separate areas (although fairly close to each other), and an infection in one never goes to the other, as far as I know. I agree that you'll know more when you talk to your doctor.

Thank you for your payment.