Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
26166488

hi i have missed my peroid 3 days late now i have had cramps

Customer Question

hi i have missed my peroid 3 days late now i have had cramps n spotting boobs started to be sore but not really bad. am i pregnant
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Monika Hearne, M.D. replied 4 years ago.

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

Hello, I would be happy to assist you.

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

Pregnancy is the most common reason for a delayed period. If you are having unprotected intercourse and are not taking birth control, pregnancy is highly likely.

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

The symptoms you have are related to hormones. Sometimes and abnormal surge in hormones due to stress, weight changes, exercise/diet changes, etc. can lead to a missed period. The symptoms one can experience can be similar to pregnancy.

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

If you did not use your first urine sample of the day after not urinating or drinking overnight, this can cause the hormone to be low in your urine. I recommend you repeat the test in 48 hours (to allow the hormone time to increase). Be sure to use a reputable brand, and not a cheap/generic brand test. Also, use your first urine sample of the day after not urinating or drinking overnight.

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

I wish you the best. If you have additional questions, please ask. If none, please rate my answer. Thank you.