Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

I have a painless smooth lump in the labia minora about the

Customer Question

I have a painless smooth lump in the labia minora about the size of a pea, it's visible on the surface . A few days ago I tried to squeeze rally hard but only a tiny amount of yellowish stuff came out.its not sore but practice nurse gave me antibiotics 4 days ago, has not made any difference and am really panicking although she seems to think its a cyst.
Please help
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 4 years ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I am Dr.Mazumdar and I hope I'm able to help you with your medical problem today.

The nurse is right - this is likely to be a cyst formed as a result of blockage of the duct of a sebaceous gland. The duct can get blocked due to infection or even without a definite reason.

If there is an infection, the antibiotics will help.

Please continue with the antibiotics. If there is no change after the course is over, please consult an Obgyn - it is possible that the cyst will need to be surgically removed.