Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

Hi I am 22 and I had Sexual intercourse approximately a month

Customer Question

Hi I am 22 and I had Sexual intercourse approximately a month ago. We used a condom but he had inserted without putting it on for the first few minutes. I got my normal period approximately two weeks after this, and now 15 days later, I am bleeding again. It is not like the normal period because the flow is Much less, there is no pain and it looks like fresh blood from the colour (not too brownish). What could be the reason for this? Please help!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Well since you had sex a month ago - and I assume MORE than 21 days ago - do a pregnancy test - JUST to be sure this is not a pregnancy.

Dr Owen :

If the pregnancy test is Not positive which I assume you are not pregnant - then this bleeding could occur for many reasons such as Stress/ Anxiety, Ovulation (which is essentially is a rupture of an ovarian cyst that allows the ovary to release an egg - sometimes you get bleeding from this - it does not happen often, but it can and it is NOTHING to worry about).

Dr Owen :

This could also be a thyroid condition - and you might have a low or high thyroid and this is easily checked with a TSH thyroid blood test.

Dr Owen :

Or you might have an infection

Dr Owen :

So do a pregnancy test first and then if the pregnancy test is NOt positive, then check the other possibilities.

Dr Owen :

This is NOT an emergency - so this can wait.

Dr Owen :

I hope this helps

Dr Owen :

Please if you have more questions, please ask

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen

Dr Owen :

Hi - Please do Not click on poor or bad, that just hurts me...

Dr Owen :

I am here to help you...

Dr Owen :

Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

Please SEE BELOW...

Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Or you might have an infection, which is usually easily treated if so.

Plus, This is NOT an emergency - so this can wait.

I hope this helps

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you...
Dr Owen