Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
26166488

Hi im s 38 lady desperate to habe our own child. We both hsve

Customer Question

Hi im s 38 lady desperate to habe our own child. We both hsve two grown up children from previous relationships snd feel we have more to give at our age than when we were teenagers. I have been through all the tests over the last 4 years and discovered ive blocked tube. We hsve had 4 tries at ivf the first one took but we misscarried at 14 weeks. The whole thing has me a wreck and ihoping there has been some miracle cure to open my tube. Please help us.
Regards babds
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

what would you like help with?

Dr Owen :

Well with blocked tubes - you are only able to get pregnant with IVF....

Dr Owen :

So to prevent miscarriages you need to have further testing.....

Dr Owen :

So you need testing for your thyroid and if abnormal this can be treated.

Dr Owen :

and you need to be tested for PCOS - polycystic ovarian syndrome and if you have this - then you should be on Metformin.

Dr Owen :

You also should be checked for progesterone - you might be low and might need this to stay pregnant.

Dr Owen :

and finally you need to be tested for Thrombophilias - these are blood clotting disorders - and there is one that can affect you later in life that is Acquired - called APA - Anti Phospholipid Antibody syndrome - and these can all be treated too to prevent miscarriages.

Dr Owen :

So before you try another round of IVF - get all these tests done.

Dr Owen :

I hope this helps

Dr Owen :

If you have more questions, please ask

Dr Owen :

thank you

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Dr Owen :

we appreciate positive ratings and feedback for helping you

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

If you are typing - type in the box and then click on Reply

Dr Owen :

Are you there?

JACUSTOMER-o1uvdg5d- :

Thanks for thst but ivf has me broken in every way I couldnt go through thst. I was just cligging to the hope that there may be something new to fix them little tubes even thing of those herbal tampon but I know its another gimmick.

Dr Owen :

okay well there is ONE way to fix the tubes - the procedure is called 'Recanalization' and an ob/gyn should be able to do this.

Dr Owen :

there is no gimmick to fix this - so you are correct tampons do not help

Dr Owen :

Essentially it is like opening a clogged drain for a sink -

Dr Owen :

it is fairly simple to do -

Dr Owen :

I hope this helps

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helpin gyou

Dr Owen :

you

Dr Owen :

thank you

Dr Owen :

I wish you the best

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen

JACUSTOMER-o1uvdg5d- :

X

Dr Owen :

okay

Dr Owen :

I wish you well

Dr Owen :

and hope you can get the Recanalization procedure done

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

I have helped you and spent time with you

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT _ that would be fair for helping you

Dr Owen :

Why did you not give me a Positive rating?

Dr Owen :

I have answered your question, did I not?

Dr Owen :

Hello -

Dr Owen :

did I do an Excellent job helping you ?

Dr Owen :

I just request that you do not click on poor or bad, that would hurt me and I just want to help you

Dr Owen :

thank you

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen

Dr Owen :

.

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Are you there

Dr Owen :

?

Dr Owen :

Good bye

Dr Owen :

.