Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
26166488

I have been prescribed colpotrofin cream daily for 30 days

Customer Question

I have been prescribed colpotrofin cream daily for 30 days (have only been using it for a week) for a very sore vagina. I am 60 years old and am not on HRT. How long does it usually take to work and is there anythingelse I can do to help the soreness? I have had a hysterectomy, ovaries removed, prolapse of the bladder over 10 years ago but was only on HRT for a short time as I was nervous of taking it. My problem started 6 weeks ago when I think I ate too many sugary foods. I do not have an infection as a swab was taken. My gynae examined me and firstly prescribed laurimic 600 vaginal ovules for 1 night followed by a 10 day course of cun laude ovules and now I have started on the colpotrofin.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen : Hello
Dr Owen : Let me read over your question
Dr Owen : Hello often are you using this colpotrophin?
Dr Owen : Since colpotrophin is an estrogen keep using it, it safe to use, but you might need a high potency steroid cream as you might have what is know as lichen sclerosis or lichen planus.
Dr Owen : so a good cream would be to use Clobesterol.
Dr Owen : also, you might want to use an over the counter product called Replens, as this is a vaginal moisturizer.
Dr Owen : thank you
Dr Owen : if you have more questions , please ask
Dr Owen : please click on EXCELLENT for helping you
Dr Owen : thank you.
Dr Owen :

.