Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

Hi Few months back I was messing up taking my pill somedays

Customer Question

Hi Few months back I was messing up taking my pill somedays I would take it other days id forget then I would stop on my day to stop for my period and I havent had a period for 3 months I am not pregnant do u think once I am back into taking this correctly which I am my periods shud return?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen :

hello

Dr Owen :

hi

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

As long as you Take your pills As Scheduled everyday you will have a period when you get to the Placebo pills

Dr Owen :

Also, I would suggest too getting yourself checked for a Thyroid condition with a TSH thyroid blood test as hypothyroidism (low thyroid ) is common in women and it is easily treated with a medication such as Synthroid.

JACUSTOMER-gyfbi95m- :

So if I just start taking this correctly now and give it time it shud return?

Dr Owen :

Yes so if you Start a New package of pills, then at the end of the 3rd week when you get to the Placebo pills you should have a period during that 4th week

JACUSTOMER-gyfbi95m- :

Ok I was thinking they are just messed up cos I hadn't been taking it correctly I am going for more pills tomoz at my gp

Dr Owen :

Great

JACUSTOMER-gyfbi95m- :

so nothing to worry about

Dr Owen :

and also get the TSH thyroid blood test as this is a common problem in women and can also cause problems

Dr Owen :

and NOTHING to worry about

Dr Owen :

I hope this helps and reassures you

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Have a great day

JACUSTOMER-gyfbi95m- :

Dr Owen :

you are welcome

Dr Owen :

Please click on Excellent before you leave -

Dr Owen :

That is how Justanswer credits us

Dr Owen :

thank you

JACUSTOMER-gyfbi95m- :

ok

Dr Owen :

:-)

Dr Owen :

Can you see the Excellent button

Dr Owen :

Did I do an Excellent job helping you

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Are you there?

Dr Owen :

Please click on Excellent for helping you

Dr Owen :

Hello - why did you not give me credit for helping you

Dr Owen :

Please do Not click on poor or bad, thank you

Dr Owen :

Please see below.

Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

Please See Below...

Please do Not click on poor or bad

Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

YOU:....JACUSTOMER-gyfbi95m- : So if I just start taking this correctly now and give it time it shud return?

YOU:.......JACUSTOMER-gyfbi95m- : Ok I was thinking they are just messed up cos I hadn't been taking it correctly I am going for more pills tomoz at my gp

Great

YOU:.......JACUSTOMER-gyfbi95m- : so nothing to worry about

And also get the TSH thyroid blood test as this is a common problem in women and can also cause problems and NOTHING to worry about

I hope this helps and reassures you

Please click on EXCELLENT
Have a great day