Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

Good morning, i am 26 years old and pregnant with my 3rd

Good morning,

i am 26 years old and pregnant with my 3rd baby. i am now 14 weeks and got my results for down syndrome. my Age + NT scan was normal 1:1400 chance, my Age + biochemistry 1:75, Age + NT + biochemistry 1:150, and Age + NT + Biochemistry + Nasal bone 1:370. i am very worry and need to go for further scans and then an amnio, what is my chances of having a down syndrome little one? I am going for an 4d scan next week, witched we booked to reveal the gender, will they be able to give me some piece of my on the downs aswell? please help...
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

May I ask - what did YOUR doctor say about this -did your doctor say the chances of a Down's baby is high?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My doctor just said its like a thumb suck for him, can tell me anything until we have done more tests. amnio and so on.

Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Looking at your numbers you do have LESS than 0.1% chance of having a baby with Down's and more than likely IF you did have a Down's baby inside of you right now - more than likely that NT scan would have been abnormal.

So I do not believe you have a Down's baby - but you can get an ultrasound from 15 to 21 weeks - and with a normal ultrasound, especially of the kidneys, the Heart, the Brain and the Intestines - if all 4 of these organs are normal in the ultrasound, plus having a fiarly normal 1:1400 chance of Downs from your recent results - I would say you do not have a Down's baby.

You can also get blood tests to check DNA Directly to check for this - using just YOUR blood and the baby's blood can be extracted for checking. And this test you can do now without having to wait.

I hope this helps
If you have more questions, please ask
Please click on EXCELLENT