Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I have pcos and iv been drinking alcohol. For years and

Customer Question

I have pcos and iv been drinking alcohol. For years and then read on internet that its bad so I'm now very worried and its Christmas comming up I'm not over weight and I have normal blood sugar and am cutting my drinking down from 1anda half bottles of wine twice a week to 1. Bottle a week and I'm insulin resistant
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.

Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

Hello and welcome. you are not overweight and not diabetic, moderate alcohol intake should not be a problem

Dr. K. :

One bottle a week should be about 4-5 glasses. Your health will be best if you cut back to about 3 glasses a week.

Dr. K. :

Alcohol is a highly refined form of .sugar Women with pcos have a harder time metabolizing it. In addition, fatty liver is more common in women with pcos. It seems that you are well on your way to decreasing the amount of alcohol you consume to a more healthy amount. You are on the right track. I hope this helps