Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
26166488

please help!!

Customer Question

Hi. I have been off the progestrone pill (cerelle) for a couple months now. my last period was a couple of weeks ago. I am now getting some weird symptoms which are; low belly cramps, feel a little sick, feel like i am leaking wet discharge which makes me urinate more and there is nothing there, feel like i need to poo a bit more and feel a little bit turned on. what could this all mean as little bit worried?

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 2 years ago.

Dr Owen : Hello
Dr Owen : Are you there?
Dr Owen : Have you been pregnant before?
Dr Owen : Are you sexually active?
Dr Owen : Are you there?
JACUSTOMER-1y5ceox8- :

Hi yes I am. I have been pregnant twice before but I had two abortions this was about two or three years ago now. Yes I am sexually active been with the same guy for 8months.

Dr Owen : So you have been off the birth control for a couple of weeks, is that correct?
Dr Owen : Have you done a pregnancy test?
Dr Owen : Please stay online
Dr Owen : and to let you know this is not a free website
Dr Owen : thank you
JACUSTOMER-1y5ceox8- :

I have been off the pill for two months now. And no I havent done a pregnancy test lately but I done one a couple weeks back and it was normal. How much is the site?

JACUSTOMER-1y5ceox8- :

Was negative I mean

Dr Owen : I don't know the cost, as you put the cost when you signed up - but I'm just saying because the previous expert you did not pay
Dr Owen : But I am suggesting doing a pregnancy test first to see if you are pregnant or not
Dr Owen : If you are not pregnant
JACUSTOMER-1y5ceox8- :

Ok what could it be if I am not pregnant

Dr Owen : Then I would suggest getting checked for what is known as Vaginitis - as this could be an infection
Dr Owen : and then this should be treated appropriately
JACUSTOMER-1y5ceox8- :

What is vaginitis?

Dr Owen : IT is a possible infection and could be viral, fungal or bacteria
Dr Owen : so you need to get this checked
Dr Owen : and since you have had 2 abortions - you might have a problem that has developed inside the uterus - so you need to get this all checked.
JACUSTOMER-1y5ceox8- :

About a week and a half ago I went into hospital with a kidney infection and had plenty of blood tests would anything of come up then if there was something wrong?

JACUSTOMER-1y5ceox8- :

How would they know if it was something wrong with the uterus

JACUSTOMER-1y5ceox8- :

What do you believe is more likely to be the problem?

JACUSTOMER-1y5ceox8- :

Feel kind of travel sick too.

Dr Owen :

you need to get tested for infections

Dr Owen :

and then a possible hysteroscopy

Dr Owen :

you had two abortions - and that is not good

Dr Owen :

so you need to get this evaluated - and first do a pregnancy test

JACUSTOMER-1y5ceox8- :

But it was other two years or three years ago I had the abortions? And iv had an ultra sound and plenty of blood tests since then?

Dr Owen :

and this can effect you for life

Dr Owen :

so you need to get this evaluated

Dr Owen :

The problems you are having are from either a pregnancy, an infection or a problem related to your two abortions

Dr Owen :

please click on Excellent

Dr Owen :

thank you

Dr Owen :

why did you give me a poor

Dr Owen :

I hope you did not mean to click on bad

Dr Owen :

I hope that was a mistake

Dr Owen :

good luck to you

Dr Owen :

I see you have not accepted 2 answers from 2 different experts

Dr Owen :

Have a healthy and wonderful new year

Dr Owen :

good bye

Dr Owen :

you asked me to help you

Dr Owen :

good luck to you

Dr Owen :

Please type out the word "Excellent"

Dr Owen :

thank you