Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

Hi. I had a miss miscarage in early November 2013. Ive had

Customer Question

Hi. I had a miss miscarage in early November 2013. I've had 2 28 day cycles and this last one though 1 week after period end I had a big bleed out and in the big inking the blood was black. 4 days b4 this bleed out I had a ultrasound done. They saw retained product.

I have had 4 c cection first in 2004/2006/2009/2010
In 2010 dec I had a Mira put in for 2 years I put up with it. I bleed continually for 6 months then 2 weeks on 2 weeks of. With spotting. Had it removed. And had strait away 28 day cycles till I fell preg in augest 2013.

Had to have a curet as baby died at 9w2days but at scan 11w2 days we saw that.

I havering pains and have talking to go.
But still wating for a gun I appointment.

I'm worried what damage this can be doing to my body if there us still retainment from conception.
How will this affect my chances of getting preg again in the future.

I'm only 29. And yes I know the risks of c sections. But I love kids and want more. I was hoping to get put on fatlity treatments to try for a multi preg. I do have pcos so yes getting preg hasent been easy. Each time
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 2 years ago.

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

I'm reading your question....

Dr Owen :

thank you for all the information.

Dr Owen :

Can you tell me what is your question you are actually asking?

Dr Owen :

Are you asking about bleeding?

Dr Owen :

Are you asking if you have Retained pregnancy tissue?

Dr Owen :

And, do you have a positive pregnancy test?

Dr Owen :

JACUSTOMER-xf5hopzq- : I'm asking all that and what the damage if any as it's been over 3 months since first curiet and ther is still product of conception in the utrious. Confirmed from ultrasound.
JACUSTOMER-xf5hopzq- : And what it the chances of fallin again if there is damage from leftover No positive pg test
Dr Owen :

if you have a negative pregnancy test - then you do not have POC - products of conception

Dr Owen :

As for damage - very Unlikely damge

Dr Owen :

more damage is from each subsequent c-section

Dr Owen :

from all the scarring of the incision of the c-section into the uterus

Dr Owen :

and the uterus heals actually very well from the Curette

Dr Owen :

But since you have PCOS - many times women have miscarriages because of elevated Insulin levels -

JACUSTOMER-xf5hopzq- : I have had a positive confermation via ultrasounds that there is retained.
JACUSTOMER-xf5hopzq- : And 2 periods and spottings
Dr Owen :

In order for this to be POS - then the pregnancy test needs to be positive - so if the ultrasound sees something but the pregnancy test is NOT positive, then this is not POC

Dr Owen :

BUT if the pregnancy test is positive then it is POC -

Dr Owen :

So that is how you tell the difference between retained products of conception of not

Dr Owen :

so if they are seeing something on ultrasound and the pregnancy test is negative, then what they are seeing could be a hematoma, a polyp, a fibroid -

JACUSTOMER-xf5hopzq- : And the pain
JACUSTOMER-xf5hopzq- : and black blood at times
Dr Owen :

If you are bleeding/ spotting - that can be from the blood - when blood degrades - that causes an 'acidic' pH in your vagina/ uterus - and hence this can cause a lot of pain, especially if this is old blood

Dr Owen :

and having 'something' in your uterus - this can cause bleeding and pain - so hence I would suggest having this LOOKED at directly with a Hysteroscope- this is a camera that looks DIRECTLY inside your uterus and during this procedure you can have this removed directly

Dr Owen :

I hope this helps

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

And as long as you do not have a nice smooth lining in the uterus - this should be removed if you are wanting to get pregnant again in the future

Dr Owen :

I wish you well

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

This would be appreciated for explaining all this for you

Dr Owen :

thank you

Dr Owen :

Have a good evening

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

why did you give me a Poor rating

Dr Owen :

I hope that was a mistake

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr Owen :

that would be fair

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

are you there

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT when you return - this would be appreciated

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

That would be appreciated for the time I have spent helping you

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Please type the word "Excellent" for helping you

Dr Owen :

that would be appreciated

Dr Owen :

bye

Dr Owen :

.

Expert:  Dr Owen replied 2 years ago.

As for damage - very Unlikely damge

More damage is from each subsequent c-section

So if they are seeing something on ultrasound and the pregnancy test is negative, then what they are seeing could be a hematoma, a polyp, a fibroid -

And having 'something' in your uterus - this can cause bleeding and pain - so hence I would suggest having this LOOKED at directly with a Hysteroscope- this is a camera that looks DIRECTLY inside your uterus and during this procedure you can have this removed directly