Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

I have had three previous c sections,at the end of the last

I have had three previous c sections,at the end of the last one I was told my bladder was densely adhered to the lower segment of the uterus and my uterus was also thin.Next time I have a c section the consultant said she would go in higher up and take the baby early.Does this mean she would avoid the bladder altogether as I am concerned about bladder damage.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Yes what will happen is they usually we do an incision MUCH higher so that we sometimes have to go towards the TOP of the uterus to avoid the bladder.

Dr Owen :

and then usually we would do the c-section between 38 and 39 weeks to avoid any problems

Dr Owen :

So DO NOT worry about your bladder being damaged - the ob/gyn doing the surgery will avoid the surgery

Dr Owen :

will avoid the bladder I mean

Customer: Does this mean that the bladder will not be at risk
Dr Owen :

Yes - because I as an ob/gyn I AVOID going anywhere NEAR the bladder - so hence you should NOT worry about your bladder....your bladder will be fine since your doctor KNOWS about this ahead of time

Dr Owen :

I hope this helps

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr Owen :

thank you