Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

What is or are the symptoms of an adrenal tumor, and is it

Customer Question

What is or are the symptoms of an adrenal tumor, and is it a curable desese ?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

What are your symptoms ?

Why do you think you have an adrenal tumor?

Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.
This really depends on what type of tumor this is, and what type of hormones it is producing -
For example if this is a Pheochromocytoma - then usually you would get spikes in your blood pressure that are very high, and you can get headaches and just not feel very good.

Also, you might have an elevated DHEA-S level - that can lead to problems with metabolism.

Other problems include cortisol levels - which can lead not only to metabolic problems, but also to problems with immune problems.

So, it is importable to note exactly WHERE in the Adrenal gland there is a tumor and also what are your symptoms.

I hope this helps
Please click on EXCELLENT and I will be happy to answer additional questions.