Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

I suffer from headaches , confusion, muscle weakness,

I suffer from headaches , confusion, muscle weakness, facial twitches, body twitches (stomach,arms and head) I can sleep up to 5 times a day . I wake up through the night choking on vomit
Doctors say it's stress, even though I've said I'm not suffering from stress
Any ideas ?
I'm a female of 47
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

This sounds like you might have Multiple Sclerosis

Dr Owen :

And I would suggest a CT of the head to check for this - as this would show up with 'white' spots on the brain

Dr Owen :

And, honestly all these symptoms - stress alone does Not cause these symptoms so I have to disagree with the doctors you have seen for this.

Customer:

I have a Mir scan on Wednesday will this confirm the condition

Customer:

Mri

Dr Owen :

An MRI might -

Dr Owen :

Are you male or female?

Customer:

What do you advise I do

Dr Owen :

Get the MRI - it is usually more expensive than the CT - but if they are doing the MRI - then do the MRI

Dr Owen :

Also since you are having twitches - I would see a Neurologist for this

Dr Owen :

And, for the vomiting aspect - you Need to see a Gastroenterologist - because I would do an Endocsopy to LOOK with a camera down your throat and into your stomach and esophagus.

Dr Owen :

and then I see you are 47 - if you are female - see an Ob/Gyn - because this can be hormone related too - so you should be checked for this.

Dr Owen :

I wish you well

Dr Owen :

If you have more questions, please ask

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you today

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Hello - are you there?

Customer: Hi I'm sorry I lost connection
Dr Owen :

that is okay

Dr Owen :

YOu should be able to see everything that I wrote

Customer: it was a neurologist who said it was simptomatic and suggested it was in my mind ! Caused by stress from years ago
Dr Owen :

okay - well until you have the MRI or CT scan you can not know for sure

Dr Owen :

Also, the Neurologist NEEDS to do further testing too

Customer: so Iv asked for a second opinion and that's why the MRI has been arranged,
Dr Owen :

That is what I would suggest

Dr Owen :

BUT also all the other things too

Dr Owen :

6:35 AM

6:35 AM

Customer: the vomiting in the middle of the night happens when Iv taken my medication and wake up choking on it in the middle of the night
Dr Owen :

okay - but still that is NOT normal to do that....so hence why you need an Upper GI evaluation

Customer: I feel my throat closes and I can't swallow
Customer: but they say it's not bacon extend
Dr Owen :

what is bacon extend?

Customer: I am still working 40hrs a week in a job I love , I give 100% but on my days off I just sleep to recover
Dr Owen :

okay

Dr Owen :

what did you mean by 'bacon extend' - you wrote that

Customer: my gp pushed for a second opinion as she felt it was possibly chronic fatigue or ME ? Oh dear
Customer: it's predictive text
Dr Owen :

Well the CT scan / MRI should be able to tell you what is going on.

Dr Owen :

CFS - Chronic FAtigue syndrome - very Unlikely -

Customer: not connected I meant
Dr Owen :

From your Description this really sounds like Multiple Sclerosis

Customer: What test would confirm this
Dr Owen :

So hence you might see something on the CT scan or MRI - as I have said above

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr Owen :

I have been here waiting for you for 3 hours - and was here immediately for your help

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Customer: Many thanks for your opinion
Dr Owen :

you are welcome

Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience: Board certified Ob/Gyn