Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

I miscarried at 22 weeks pregnant on 2nd Jan, How long will

I miscarried at 22 weeks pregnant on 2nd Jan, How long will it be before my menstrual cycle return
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen : Hello
Customer:

Dr Owen : I am so sorry to hear that you miscarried at 22 weeks - and given when you miscarried - it can take from 2 to 3 months on average for your menstrual cycle to return
Dr Owen : And IF you are looking to get pregnant again soon - wait until about the End of March to try again.
Dr Owen : Also, I would suggest to continue to take Prenatal vitamins too if you are wanting to get pregnant soon too
Dr Owen : If you have more questions, please ask
Dr Owen : I'm here to help you
Customer:

Why does it take that long to have a cycle

Customer:

What kind of bacterial infection could cause you to miscarry

Dr Owen : Your body needs to RESET itself - as you were pregnant - it just takes your body that long to do this.
Dr Owen : Well there are so many reasons for a miscarriage - bacteria - there are hundreds of bacteria - such as a Strep infection to parasites
Dr Owen : and even viral infections.
Dr Owen : But the best way to find out what caused a miscarriage is from a Pathology report (usually done if an autopsy was done)
Customer:

I had one of those done the placenta was full of infection

Dr Owen : okay
Dr Owen : Then the Pathology report will tell you exactly which Infection - as a Culture is done -
Dr Owen : so ask for the Pathology report to get the Exact cause
Customer:

OK thanks

Dr Owen : You are welcome
Dr Owen : Please click on EXCELLENT
Dr Owen : We appreciate Positive ratings and feedback for helping you - that is how Just Answer credits us
Dr Owen : Thank you