Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

Hi how are u I dont know if u can help me but iv got my best

Hi how are u I don't know if u can help me but iv got my best friend she's lesbian and she heard that in Australia there is an injection which she could have it in her body so she can have babies with her lesbian partner so she doesn't need to use a sperm donor so is that true that with this injection they can make out and make a baby please reply me asp thank u a lot
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

hi

Customer: Hi dr how are u
Dr Owen :

Well for humans that is not true yet - what you are talking about it NOT an injection at all

Dr Owen :

This is a combining of DNA to make a complete embryo

Customer: Ok so what is that anyway
Dr Owen :

and so for humans the ONLY way to do this RIGHT now is use DNA (egg) from one partner, and then if the other partner has a brother - use the brother's DNA which will get close to having child for both of your DNA's

Dr Owen :

The injection you are hearing is 'Science Fiction' - it does NOT exist - this is a Dream that people are wishing for right now.

Dr Owen :

So Lesbian couple still require IVF to have a baby -

Dr Owen :

that is the joining of an Egg and Sperm from a donor - and many couples who have a brother from the other partner - use the brother's sperm.

Dr Owen :

I hope that helps

Customer: So dr by saying that there is no way at all they can have a baby together only if they can use a sperm from a donor or any relative yeah
Dr Owen :

yes, that is correct - what you are reading or hearing about is pure science fiction - even test tube babies are only about 30 years old - so from what you are asking - the human being still has a long way to do

Customer: So what she heard about it in australia that two lesbian can make a baby together with no need of a man sperm is not true at all omg
Dr Owen :

not true at all.

Dr Owen :

I can tell you that We are close to having the ability of using DNA from 3 people to make an Embryo - but that has not happened yet - still working on it.

Customer: Ok dr thks for ur help a lot
Dr Owen :

Please click on Excellent for helping you

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Have a good day

Customer: Will do thks
Dr Owen :

:-)

Dr Owen :

Have a good day - and please don't forget to click on Excellent like you said

Dr Owen :

thank you

Dr Owen :

bye