Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

I am now in my 6th pregnancy week and I had a very small bit

I am now in my 6th pregnancy week and I had a very small bit of Carpaccio and some soft (not crispy) bacon ca. 30 hours ago. I know I should not have eaten these things but I forgot. Is there a way to find out whether these foods have had any negative effect on the foetus? I feel perfectly fine, but is it possible that it still harmed the foetus, and how can I know for sure?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Are you having any problems such as fevers or abdominal pain, or diarrhea?

Customer:

Hello, no I don't.

Dr Owen :

well I assume you are doing well - and you do Not have a fever, no abdominal pain and no diarrhea - correct?

Customer:

Yes correct, I am feeling well, no pain or diarrhea. So if I don't have any sympoms myself I can be sure that there is no harm to the foetus?

Dr Owen :

Well given you do not have any symptoms - then very Unlikely you have anything to worry about -

Dr Owen :

Many women eat bacon like this.

Dr Owen :

Also, many women who eat carpaccio are pregnant and they do very well - and very Unlikely carpaccio is going to cause you any problems, nor any infections such as toxo, or worms - so you do not need to worry

Customer:

Ok thanks for the advice!