Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I am 30 years old and was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries

Customer Question

I am 30 years old and was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries and a fibroid in the uterus and thick endometrium can I get pregnant?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.

How regular are your periods?
Do you know how large the fibroid is, and where it's located? Thank yowl.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Periods are regular every 28 days but heavy periods not sure the size of the fibroid but small size and it's located within the uterus
Do you know whether you ovulate or not?
Have you tried to get pregnant?
Who diagnosed polycystic ovaries? Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do ovulate I've been trying to get pregnant and had an ultrasound that said I have polycystic ovaries
An ultrasound is not a very good way to diagnoses polycycstic ovaries, although it may be correct. The main problem with polycystic ovaries is not ovulating, so if you truly ovulate, I doubt that you have PCOS. The fibroid is unlikely to be much problem.

The thick endometrium might suggest that you don't ovulate, but if you do ovulate, it's unlikely to be a problem.

Most likely you can get pregnant.
Thank you for your payment and rating.