Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

I have come of the pill in sept 2013 I had a in Oct

I have come of the pill in sept 2013 I had a period in Oct ,Nov and Dec. come this year I have not had a period jan , feb, and march 2014 its nearly three months I have had all the biood tests done all ok, I have got a scan this week. By the way my husband said I have got looser down there during sex this month he could not come is everything ok iam going to be 41 this year.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen :

hello

Dr Owen :

Well blood tests usually do not tell much as blood tests really do not tell you if you are in menopause.

Dr Owen :

And since you are over the age of 41, you could be in the perimenopause phase, as the ONLY definition of menopause is No period for 12 months straight and hence that is probably what you are heading too.

Dr Owen :

So HELP your vaginal tissue too - you can use a prescription medication you can place in your vagina 2 to 3 times per week called Vagifem

Dr Owen :

Also, Not having a period does NOT mean there is anything serious going on, so you do NOT have a cancer or anything ominous.

Dr Owen :

So a few things I would check is your Insulin level, Testosterone level, Estradiol level, TSH (Thyroid), and FSH - follicle stimulating hormone level - just to be sure - I'm not sure which blood tests you had - sometimes doctors say everything is normal - but in reality they don't always check everything such as what I just told you.

Dr Owen :

I hope this helps

Dr Owen :

If you have more questions, please ask

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you todya

Dr Owen :

today

Dr Owen :

thank you

Customer:

Iam not 41 until june

Dr Owen : Okay
Dr Owen : well anytime after age 40 this is normal
Dr Owen : So not having a period is really not that concerning.
Dr Owen : I would follow what I have suggested for you
Dr Owen : If you have more questions, please ask
Dr Owen : Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you
Dr Owen : thank you
Dr Owen : Have a great day
Dr Owen : Thank you
Customer:

why is my husband saying I have got looser when we have sex

Dr Owen : This is probably because of a decrease in your estrogen levels - while your blood test might APPEAR normal, your body is probably not able to deal with this lowering level and that is why I have suggested to use Vagifem 2 to 3 times per week
Dr Owen : what you and your husband are experiencing is actually very normal and common
Dr Owen : So to help - I would suggest the Vagifem 2 to 3 times per week in the vgina
Dr Owen : Vagina
Dr Owen : I wish you well
Dr Owen : Thank you - that is how Justanswer credits us for helping
Dr Owen : Thank you
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience: Board certified Ob/Gyn