Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

my girlfriend had a very heavy bleed recently, there were lumps

my girlfriend had a very heavy bleed recently, there were lumps in the blood and after a day or so she had to return to the hospital for a scrape out...I think its was called something like a mrpc... I believe she may have had a miscarriage but she refuses to comment...is this likely as I understand that is the normal treatment for a miscarriage. Is that likely or could there be any other problem
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen : Hello
Dr Owen : she is 43, correctL
Customer:

yes

Dr Owen : ok
Customer:

it was not her time for a period either

Dr Owen : well unlikely a miscarriage at her age.
Customer:

well she is very fertile and had our two children last one 5 years back

Dr Owen : she probably has a problem with perimenopausal bleeding and hence scrapping out is a way to check the cause of this bleeding and to put the tissue under the microscope
Dr Owen : the chance of pregnancy at the age of 43 is still very low compared to when she was 38
Dr Owen : but the only way to know is to check the lab reports
Customer:

ok you are the expert me just a curious, I just neede to know as she was particularly upset by the poroblem emotionally but will not chat so I wondered if you needed a special support emotions

Customer:

she needed

Dr Owen : well always support her, even if she does not want to tell you
Customer:

roger and out