Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice
Experience:  I have had years of experience with Outpatient Medicine and have treated many routine GYN disorders.
18722459

I am 6 weeks pregnant and have just sprayed 2 rooms with 4flea

Customer Question

I am 6 weeks pregnant and have just sprayed 2 rooms with 4flea spray there is no warning on the bottle for pregnant women but I am now scared that I have caused damage to my unborn child and I don't know what if anything I can do
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--what exactly was the spray brand and were the rooms ventilated--the windows open? Did you spend any more time in the rooms than it took to spray them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Johnsons 4fleas household spray

I would have been in each room for about a minute. Both rooms I had the windows open then shut the doors and came downstairs

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Julie--really no cause for concern here. That kind of spray is not dangerous to a developing fetus at all and even if it were you weren't exposed long enough for any problem to develop and it was in ventilated rooms. I myself am not at all worried about this but if you'd like, call your doctor and discuss the situation with him
Dr. Chip, General practice
Experience: I have had years of experience with Outpatient Medicine and have treated many routine GYN disorders.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
My pleasure Julie--any time
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Did you still need help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no thank you i am fine now