Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

My was about 5days late and then it arrived but only

Customer Question

My period was about 5days late and then it arrived but only lasted 3days where i usually have it for 5-7 days, now 2wks later i've have spotting. It started on saturday and i thought i had thrush so i applied cansten cream 3 times a day, The spotting isn't heavy a pantyliner is sufficent to wear but when i go to the toilet and use toilet paper there is a brown pink coloured substance on the tissue. It's hard to describe what it's like, it's kind of like a soft tissue like substance, after I had a bowel movement today and wiped after I had rather large lumps of this substance on the tissue.
I was concerned that I may have been pregnant and was having a miscarriage, My partner is my 1st sexual partner and as far as I'm aware he has had no std's. I'm 30yrs old.. Can you please help and put some light on the suitation
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen : Hello
Dr Owen : Well you need to do a pregnancy test - if the test is positive, then you are probably having a miscarriage
Dr Owen : IF you do Not have a positive pregnancy test - then this is just mid-cycle bleeding due to a possible ovarian cyst, or a possible polyp -
Dr Owen : so I would suggest doing a pregnancy test to see exactly which this is.
Dr Owen : If you have more questions,please ask
Dr Owen : Hello
Dr Owen : Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you
Dr Owen : Thank you