Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

Hi I had my and when it finished I had 4/5 days

Hi I had my period and when it finished I had sex 4/5 days after and I had a bit of light brown discharge not a lot but a little and it only lasted one day I've had two Pap test in 3 years both came back normal but am really worrid something might be wrong like I may have cervical cancer
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Well since you have had a normal PAP in the past 3 years - you really do NOT need to worry about cervical cancer.

Dr Owen :

Cervical cancer usually presents with irregular BRIGHT red bleeding and you would have had an abnormal PAP smear for awhile - and since you have had normal pap smears - please do not worry.

Dr Owen :

Since you had sex soon after you had a period - this brown discharge just sounds like some excess discharge from you having had a recent period and nothing more

Dr Owen :

If you have had a normal PAP smear in the past 2 to 3 years you should be fine - you only need a PAP smear once every 2 to 3 years if you have normal PAP smears - as this is an indication that you do NOT have cervical problems

Dr Owen :

I hope this helps

Dr Owen :

I see you have seen my answer

Dr Owen :

Please click on Excellent for helping and reassuring you this morning

Dr Owen :

Customer: Do u think I should go see my gp and request another Pap test because it was 2yrs ago my last one and the next one is not due till 2015
Dr Owen :

You really do not need one until 2015, but if you feel it will make you feel better and have less anxiety about this, then it is perfectly acceptable to ask for another PAP smear.

Customer: I just can't stop thinking there is something wrong and everything I have read on the internet all suggest it's a symptoms of cervical cancer
Dr Owen :

But since you have had normal PAP smears I really do not think you have a cervical cancer - that would be very unlikely

Dr Owen :

The internet is VERY scary - and much of the information is wrong - so please do not read much into the internet

Dr Owen :

Honestly Normal PAP in the past 2 to 3 years does NOT equal cervical cancer - so you really do not need to worry

Dr Owen :

and since you are worried - it is simple to get a PAP smear - and when you see normal results - That should make you feel better

Dr Owen :

I wish you well

Dr Owen :

If you have more questions, please ask

Dr Owen :

Please click on Excellent for helping you

Dr Owen :

Customer: So you think I should not be worrid cus I am so worrid it's affecting my daily life style am depressed
Dr Owen :

Please do NOT worried

Dr Owen :

do NOT worry

Dr Owen :

but I understand - and getting a PAP is perfectly reasonable as it is a very Inexpensive test - so you can get one and you will be fine - promise

Customer: It's always on my mind that I have cervical cancer
Customer: thank you
Dr Owen :

I understand - but you do NOT have cervical cancer - trust me on this

Dr Owen :

this is NOT how cervical cancer presents - it just does not

Customer: u seem to be putting my mind at ease
Dr Owen :

i wish you well

Dr Owen :

Have a great day

Dr Owen :

Please click on Excellent for helping you today

Dr Owen :

thank you

Dr Owen :

:-)

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr Owen :

that would be fair for helping you

Dr Owen :

We only get credit for our time for helping you when you click on Excellent

Dr Owen :

hello

Dr Owen :

Are you there?

Dr Owen :

I see as you left you gave me a Poor rating - why did you do that

Dr Owen :

Please reconsider and click on Excellent

Dr Owen :

Customer: Sorry I had to go see to my son
Customer: Before I rate it for the last time am sorry to keeping asking you over and over again but do you think 100% I should not be worrid and I do not have cervical cancer
Customer: Hello are you still there
Customer: This is not very nice I was still talking I just had to attend to my 3yr old boy who was on the toilet
Customer: Please let me know if you are going to reply or not or should I just leave this site
Dr Owen :

You do not have cervical cancer - You have had normal PAP smears and as I keep saying cervical cancer does not present this way.

Dr Owen :

When you left and gave me a poor rating - I left too since you appeared not to come back

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

thank you

Dr Owen :

I think I have explained in much detail why you do not have cervical cancer - I'm not sure why you still think you do, but you do not.

Dr Owen :

and if you really want - do a PAP smear, it is not necessary - but if doing a PAP smear will decrease your anxiety - then sure do another PAP smear - it is an inexpensive test that if you have to, you can pay for it yourself if the medical system in the UK will not.

Dr Owen :

I wish you well

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Dr Owen :