Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Hi sorry to trouble you in looking for answers on issues

Customer Question

Hi sorry to trouble you in looking for answers on sexual issues if I have been raped would this mean I have lost my virginity
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.

Yes. Virginity is generally defined as never having sexual intercourse. Assuming that intercourse occurred at the rape, you have lost your virginity. I'm very sorry.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you the reason I'm asking a friend of mine has claimed to have been raped for five years up to three times per week once being violent and says she still a virgin
People can have differing ways of looking at virginity, but most people would agree that she is not a virgin. Medically speaking she is not a virgin.