Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

Hello, Im suffering from left sided abdominal pain since I

Hello, I'm suffering from left sided abdominal pain since I spoke to someone last. Did a pregnancy test today as advised which was negative. Does this still mean I may not be pregnant. Still experiencing milky white discharge at times after using the toilet. Expected period is the 22/04/14
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

More than likely with a negative pregnancy test you are Not pregnant -

Dr Owen :

And hence with a negative pregnancy test this also means you do not have an Ectopic pregnancy either.

Dr Owen :

So left side pain could be due to an urinary tract infection

Dr Owen :

or you might have a small ovarian cyst.

Customer: Seeing as I ovulated on the 5th of March and we had intercourse is there still a chance I could conceive? What is the discharge meaning?
Dr Owen :

And the milky white discharge - that is actually a fairly common discharge - so really not a concern here

Dr Owen :

If the test is negative - and you last ovulated on the 5th of march - and so you are not pregnant with a current negative pregnancy test

Dr Owen :

The discharge could mean that you are ovulating again

Dr Owen :

It could be a pH or hormonal imbalance

Dr Owen :

None of these are worrisome or concerning -

Customer: If I'm due my next cycle on the 22nd so have I tested too soon. Is it worth testing this coming Saturday as 4 days before I'm due?
Dr Owen :

If it has been more than 21 days since you last had sex and the pregnancy test is negative - then you are definitely not pregnant -

Dr Owen :

if you have had sex within the last 10 days - then wait until the 22nd to do another pregnancy test

Dr Owen :

I'm about to lose power - we have an electrical lightening storm

Customer: I thought you could only ovulate once. Sorry ovulated 5th April not March
Dr Owen :

okay then Wait until the 22nd to do a pregnancy test - and if the test is negative then - then you are definitely not pregnant -

Dr Owen :

And, IF NO sex in over 21 days - and the test is negative - then you are also definitely not pregnant.

Customer: thats fair enough, I'm willing to take another test. Well had intercourse a few times since ovulating on the 5th
Dr Owen :

okay

Dr Owen :

i wish you well

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Dr Owen :

thank you

Dr Owen :

have a good evening