Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

What is crl of 11.8 (7 weeks 3 days or is this measurement

What is crl of 11.8 (7 weeks 3 days or is this measurement off )
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Actually that is PERFECT for 7 weeks and 3 days

Dr Owen :

11.8 is 11.8 mm (so a little over a cm - centimeter)

Dr Owen :

At 8 weeks it should be 1.6 cm

Dr Owen :

and 9 weeks it should be 2.3 cm

Dr Owen :

So this is perfect

Dr Owen :

I wish you well

Dr Owen :

please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Dr Owen :

Customer: Hi does 11.8 what does tht actually mean ?
Dr Owen :

11.8 is mm - millimeters - that is the SIZE in measurement - millimeters - the same thing as 1.18 cm

Customer: does 7 weeks mean fri last lmp but fetal age is 5 weeks from conception
Customer: And are early trans vaginal scans accurate ?
Dr Owen :

7 weeks and 3 days - means you Subtract 2 weeks - and hence you are 5 weeks and 3 days from ovulation (the time when you had sex to get pregnant)(

Dr Owen :

THIS IS VERY ACCURATE

Dr Owen :

so you got pregnant about 5 weeks and 3 days PRIOR to that ultrasound (scan)

Customer: But 7 weeks is from lmp , say if our unsure of your lmp as mine are irregular
Dr Owen :

It does NOT matter what you LMP is - because the SCAN is more accurate when done less than 12 weeks

Dr Owen :

we do NOT care about your LMP with an early ultrasound -

Dr Owen :

so the point here is you got pregnant about 5 weeks and 3 days PRIOR to that ultrasound - that is the BEST and most accurate way to DATE a pregnancy

Customer: so conception would of took place then if due in April would u def concieved in July
Dr Owen :

What date did you have the ultrasound - then I can answer that

Customer: There's no possibility of it being from early may sex even though I used condoms sperm carnt last tht long and I would i be more gone ?
Dr Owen :

WHAT DATE did you have that ultrasound, then I can answer that?

Customer: Ultrasound 22/8/2013
Dr Owen :

You conceived around July 15 – you ABSOLUTELY did NOT conceive in June – that is impossible.

I hope that helps

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Customer: 22/8/2013 the 7 week one .gave birth 3rd of April 3 days before due date so everything was correct to that scan?
Dr Owen :

The date you gave birth has NOTHING to do with the calculation of when you got pregnant –

YOU got pregnant around July 15th, you did NOT get pregnant in May or June –

So hence your due date was April 7th but you delivered a few days early – and that is normal to do so –

So if you are trying to figure out who the father of the baby is – you did NOT get pregnant in May or June – you got pregnant around July 15th.

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you (please do not click on poor or bad, that hurts me)

Customer: With that scan is that according to a lmp even tho u say we don't use it like 28-31 cycle based off ?
Customer: How can u tell its 15h July is tht with those measurements?
Dr Owen :

FORGET the LMP that has NOTHING to do with the SCAN

The Scan ONLY measures the size of the fetus and hence this then tells us how far along you are – NOT the LMP –

WE KNOW THIS because of all the YEARS of research we do – THIS is what we do as ob/gyn doctors – we know this as a FACT – so hence we never care about LMPs when we have scans to help us. And, it does NOT matter if you have a 60 day cycle or a 25 day cycle – it does NOT matter.

WE KNOW based on Measurements WHEN you got pregnant – and it is VERY accurate – it has been proven over and over for over 40 years now.

So trust me, YOU got pregnant around JULY 15th and I am 100% sure and I would put all the money I had on the table to bet that YOU did NOT get pregnant in May or June – that would be impossible – so you got pregnant around July 15th.

I hope that makes sense

Please click on EXCELLENT (our chat time is coming to a close – Justanswer limits our chat time) –

And we only get credit for our time when you click on Excellent for helping you

Customer: Thanks doctor sorry to be a pain !
Dr Owen :

You are welcome

Dr Owen :

Please don't forget to click on Excellent

Dr Owen :

That is the only way we get credit for helping you

Dr Owen :