Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
26166488

hello, so I have been having unprotected with my partner

Customer Question

hello, so I have been having unprotected sex with my partner usually the last two days of my period and other times after that we have been using pull out method,last month my period was 7 days late then i got it so i thought i cant be pregnant and i had two negative test, but just now i have a common cold and i am taking cold tablets for it and feeling better. but this morning i threw up quite forcefully and im wondering if it could be morning sickness? ive heard of woman getting their period and then spotting in the months after, i dont want to waste a test if its unlikely im pregnant, and if i did do one and i was, would it show up positive if the sickness was pregnancy? Thanks
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 2 years ago.

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Good morning

JACUSTOMER-lt3m11av- :

hi

Dr Owen :

When was your period due?

Dr Owen :

When was your last test?

Dr Owen :

also, PLEASE don't just listen to others, especially the 'stories' on the internet - there are a lot lies out there

Dr Owen :

And, a Pregnancy test is NOT affected by you being sick - so if you have a cold, flu, or anything causing you to be ill - a pregnancy test will still be Accurate and valid

JACUSTOMER-lt3m11av- :

i had my period last month it was due the 4th i think and i got it on the 11th my last test was the 11th or 10th i think my period next month is due 9th of may

Dr Owen :

And if you are 7 days late and the pregnancy test is negative - then you are 100% not pregnant

Dr Owen :

so you are already late this month by a week or more

Dr Owen :

and if you took a test in the last 24 to 48 hours - and it is negative, you are not pregnant

JACUSTOMER-lt3m11av- :

no i am not late this month i have had my period for this month

Dr Owen :

Because the symptoms OF PREGNANCY can NOT occur unless a pregnancy test is positive, so therefore these symptoms are NOT due to a pregnancy with a negative pregnancy test

Dr Owen :

so you have had your period this month (April)?

JACUSTOMER-lt3m11av- :

but my sister had her period the first month of her pregnancy, so this is not pregnancy

JACUSTOMER-lt3m11av- :

yes ive had it for april but it was 7 days late and then it came

Dr Owen :

your sister did not have a period - that was called implantation bleeding - and a Pregnancy test wold be positive then

JACUSTOMER-lt3m11av- :

so im not pregnant?

Dr Owen :

No you are not if the pregnancy test is negative

JACUSTOMER-lt3m11av- :

so theres no chance i culd still be pregnant despite having a period this month

Dr Owen :

If the pregnancy test is negative, then you are definitely not pregnant

JACUSTOMER-lt3m11av- :

i havent taken one recantly since throwing up

Dr Owen :

then I would suggest doing a pregnancy test - throwing up - will not affect a pregnancy test

JACUSTOMER-lt3m11av- :

ok so i should do one even though i had my period this month

Dr Owen :

Yes

Dr Owen :

that way you know 100% that you are not pregnant

Dr Owen :

that was not very nice

Dr Owen :

good luck to you

Dr Owen :

I gave you my time and you gave me a poor rating

Dr Owen :

well I see you are not interested then

Dr Owen :

bye

Dr Owen :

have a wonderful day

JACUSTOMER-lt3m11av- :

im still confused thats why i rated

Dr Owen :

THIS IS VERY SIMPLE

Dr Owen :

do a PREGNANCY TEST

Dr Owen :

that is all you need to do

Dr Owen :

YOU are Pregnant if the test is positive

Dr Owen :

good luck on your pregnancy if you are

Dr Owen :

bye

Dr Owen :

you can stop the poor ratings

Dr Owen :

good luck to you

Dr Owen :

I will leave you alone

Dr Owen :

bye

Dr Owen :

all I was doing is helping you

Dr Owen :

thank you for the poor rating -