Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

Took my own marina coil out after 6 weeks that was 2 months

Took my own marina coil out after 6 weeks that was 2 months ago cramping and terrible mood swings
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen :

hello

Dr Owen :

What is you question?

Dr Owen :

Why did you take out the Mirena?

Customer: Hi had problems with heavy periods so had a hyperscopy and the marina coil fitted
Dr Owen :

okay - BUT what is your question?

Dr Owen :

and why did you take OUT the Mirena?

Customer: I took marina coil out because of pain and moods never wanted it in was a bit bullied by gyro
Customer: how long will it take me to feel normal I'm 43 on iron tablets because I'm anaemic
Dr Owen :

and you have had this out for 2 months?

Dr Owen :

what exactly are you feeling?

Customer: Had the coil in for 6 weeks took it out a month ago. Get very dizzy and faint symptoms and very moody. Also worried about taking iron tablets are they harmful Galfer tablets.
Dr Owen :

why are you taking iron - are you anemic - and why are you worried?

Dr Owen :

Have you been bleeding a lot?

Customer: Yes im anemic because I was bleeding heaving hence the coil which not needed for contraception
Dr Owen :

okay - well you probably need some sort of hormone pill if you are bleeding

Dr Owen :

But also you should check to make sure this is not due to a thyroid problem, a Polyp, a fibroid, or the remote possibility of a cancer.

Dr Owen :

Also, IRON is VERY safe - but to MAKE iron help you need to take Vitamin C with the Iron so it gets absorbed in your body -

Customer: iive had a histology and a hypersctopy I have a flat polup which can't be removed but my lining of the womb is 11mm
Dr Owen :

AND so what is the result of the pathology and hysteroscopy?

Customer: They just said it not cancerous and put the coil in. I haven't taken the pill for for 30 years because I had chloasma still to this day after thirty years I've got the patches
Dr Owen :

ok

Dr Owen :

so you are still having heavy bleeding - ?

Customer: no just spotted after taking coil but nothing for a few weeks I was told at the star of this journey I was going through an early menopause. Is normal to feel bad after coil removed
Dr Owen :

well you could be going through perimenopause - which is normal to start any time after the age of 40 - most women go through this around 47 to 53.

Dr Owen :

Also, since you are anemic - you should use iron / vitamin C 3 times per day

Dr Owen :

But if you are Not interested in using hormones - then the BEST thing to do is use an antianxiety medication - which is what we STRONGLY suggest as ob/gyn's such as one that is recommended by the American College of Ob/Gyn called Pristiq

Customer: Just worried how I feel if I'm taking to much iron or not enough my tablets are 305mg
Dr Owen :

So the Pristiq will treat the cramping and the mood swings

Dr Owen :

No, you are NOT taking that much iron -

Dr Owen :

Actually LET"S say you take 305mg three times per day - out of that 915mg per day - your body MIGHT only absorb about 1 mg of that in 24 hours - so you are NOT taking that much

Dr Owen :

The NORMAL dosage of iron is 1 to 3 times per day - you Have NOTHING to fear from the iron

Customer: i only take one a day what is Pristiq
Dr Owen :

Pristiq is an antianxiety medication and it is a VERY common medication to HELP women JUST LIKE YOU

Customer: does that have to be prescribed
Dr Owen :

As for the Iron I am telling you WHAT you can take - that is up to you what you do with the information

Dr Owen :

Yes Pristiq is a prescription

Dr Owen :

other medications that can help if you can not get Pristiq are either Celexa or Lexapro

Customer: so I'll increase my iron dosage double but don't want to visit gp to say I took coil out lol!,, but do need something
Dr Owen :

So yes increase the iron and MAKE sure you take vitamin C too

Dr Owen :

and then ask your GP for either Pristiq, Celexa or Lexapro

Dr Owen :

I wish you well

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr Owen :

that is the only way we get credit for helping you

Dr Owen :

thank you

Customer: Last question it's not harmfu, to take your own coil out is it
Dr Owen :

No, it is NOT harmful - so please do not worry

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr Owen :

that would be appreciated for helping you

Dr Owen :

thank you

Customer: Thank you
Dr Owen :

You are welcome

Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience: Board certified Ob/Gyn