Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I have had a miscarriage I needed to take time of work .work

I have had a miscarriage I needed to take time of work .work are now asking for prove can the doctor give that to me in the form of written prove
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.

Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

Yes your Dr can give that to you in the form of a letter or work note.

Dr. K. :

It would indicate the date of medical treatment, and the date of surgery if you had any.

Dr. K. :

Generally a note can be written to give you enough time off work. For example, I might write a note indicating "complications of miscarriage" and a note to have you off work as long as possible

Dr. K. :

Sorry, as long as you need not "as long as possible"

Dr. K. :

Give your Drs office a call and ask to talk to the nurse

Customer:

Can the doctor refuse to do a note to give to work if I dont need time off because of confidential

Dr. K. :

The Dr could refuse to do anything but thats not likely How much time do you need?

Customer:

I dont need time off work are asking for prove of a miscarriage which I dont want to give its upsetting me

Dr. K. :

Awwwww Ok Im sorry

Dr. K. :

How do they know you had a miscarriage?

Dr. K. :

And why do they need proof if you dont need time off work?

Customer:

I was having systems sunday and needed to take the day off I new it was a miscarriage cos of the signs now work are asking for prove

Dr. K. :

Did you visit your Dr? If you did not visit your Dr, then your Dr cannot give you a note to be off work.

Dr. K. :

You could even go in today. If its a miscarriage, your pregnancy test would still be positive

Customer:

I have not been to the doctor's because I dont see the point can I tell work there would not give me a note

Dr. K. :

Ok So then your Dr will not give you a note, Im sorry

Customer:

Can work make me get prove

Dr. K. :

Work can ask you for a Drs note if you took off work for an illness. You should ckeck with your company's policy on sick leave. If they require a Drs note for you to be off work, then you need one.

Dr. K. :

I would see your Dr. If you are not pregant, there are many other diagnosis that can be use "abnormal uterine bleeding" or "dysmennorhea" which is bad cramping.

Dr. K. :

You cant get a note if you dont see the Dr