Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

Golfball-size swelling on right elbow periodically emitting

Golfball-size swelling on right elbow periodically emitting mainly clear fluid . Told by GP nothing to do - returned 2 weeks later as pain/discomfort experienced, additional discharge and upon protusion too, squeezed and pulled out 6 inch piece of "twine" (?from previous broken arm many years ago treated in Pakistan? ). Returned to GP - taking said "twine" - ?no reaction- maybe calm down now - if not make YET further appointment! Am concerned about possible infection to surrounding bone area etc
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 2 years ago.

Dr Owen : Hello
Dr Owen : Does the area feel hot to the touch?
Dr Owen : And do you have a fever?
Dr Owen : Hi are you there?
Dr Owen : Why did you click bad, I am trying to help
Dr Owen : essentially with this going on you need to get this surgically explored, opened and packed, plus I would suggest starting on antibiotics such as a combination of Rocephin and Bactrim.
Dr Owen : this is not something a GP should be doing, you need to see an orthodox surgeon for this.
Dr Owen : i wish you well
Dr Owen : please click on EXCELLENT, PLEASE DO. not click on poorPlease or bad, that really hurts me and I just want to help you
Dr Owen : thank you
Customer:

Sorry but responses seemed slow after what paid! Must be me! What to do in UK now for best?

Dr Owen : The best thing to do is to get on antibiotics now, and get this opened up as soon as you can so this will heal and not form further damage.
Dr Owen : I am sorry your GP is not taking this seriously
Dr Owen : but In similar cases the standard of care is to start on antibiotics and to open and drain this - so right now I would get put on antibiotics such as an injection of Rocephin (also known as ceftriaxone), plus pills called Bactrim (also known as septra) this is twice per day for 14 days.
Dr Owen : I wish you well
Dr Owen : Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you
Dr Owen : I wish you the best
Dr Owen : Thank you
Dr Owen : Please click on Excellent for helping you
Dr Owen : That would be appreciated and would help to correct the 'bad' rating you gve me
Dr Owen : Thank you
Customer:

Sorry I am impatient as going from uk for 10 weeks and need to know best way forward quickly in case of pricey repercussions' Can u recommend/suggest how/where to get appropriate preventative treatment please

Dr Owen : Actually I would Print this out and take this to the Emergency - because this is essentially a bone emergency]
Dr Owen : Show this to the doctor and tell them you have been talking to another doctor and that what I suggested needs to be done as soon as possible
Dr Owen : I am sorry you are having all this trouble
Dr Owen : But, honestly PRINT this out and it is easy to print once you click on Excellent
Dr Owen : Thank you
Dr Owen : Please click on Excellent as I have given you the exact inforomation you need in order to treat this correctly
Dr Owen : Thank you
Dr Owen : Please click on Excellent for my work and for correcting the previous rating you gave me
Dr Owen : thank you
Dr Owen : Hello
Dr Owen : I see you have seen my answer
Dr Owen : Please click on Excellent
Dr Owen : thank you
Dr Owen : Heello
Dr Owen : I see you left and you gave me a bad rating]
Dr Owen : I gave you an Outstanding answer that will help you
Dr Owen : Please be kind to click to click on Excellent for helping you
Dr Owen : you hurt me with that bad rating and I have only been helpful to you
Dr Owen : Thank you
Dr Owen : Have a good day
Dr Owen : hello
Dr Owen : Thank you
Dr Owen : x
Customer:

This is pising me off!! Have obviously wasted £48 - all u seem to be interested im your ratings\| ! am simply intered in sensiblle l locations for re-assessment

Dr Owen :

I have given you exactly what you need to do

Dr Owen :

I have told you the Antibiotics you need: - you need rocephin which is also known as Ceftriaxone

Dr Owen :

AND you also NEED Bactrim (also known as Septra)

Dr Owen :

PLUS you need to get this OPENED and DRAINED - what is known as an I&D (Incision and Drainage - that is what you need exactly

Customer:

This is confirmds

Dr Owen :

And you need to get this Drained and opened - called I&D - incision and drainage - and then packed- and the packing needs to be changed once every 24 hours - until the abscess becomes smaller and small and it will over time

Dr Owen :

I am Just the doctor here - I do NOT run this web site

Dr Owen :

I work for justanswer - I do operate this website - so if you are having trouble then please tell them

Dr Owen :

The rating is for ME - not for the website

Dr Owen :

you will get a separate email asking how the website worked

Dr Owen :

More than likely what is happening is that you are using a Slow internet connection - that is Usually the problem

Dr Owen :

You gave me a bad rating because you were having trouble with the website - I hope not because of the information I have given you.

Dr Owen :

You essentially seeing a GP who honestly is NOT treating this appropriately -

Dr Owen :

I have given you the EXACT treatment that needs to be done

Dr Owen :

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble where you live

Dr Owen :

I wish you well

Dr Owen :

Please click on Excellent for helping you

Dr Owen :

I am sorry about what is happening - and if you follow Exactly what I have told you - this will get better and soon.

Dr Owen :

I wish you well

Dr Owen :

have a good evening

Dr Owen :

bye

Customer:

]This is confirms my thoughts!! I do not wish to denigrate your commrnts

Dr Owen :

I hope I have given you what you need to know

Dr Owen :

I am not sure what you mean by your comments

Dr Owen :

I have given you exactly the medications you need and the treatment

Dr Owen :

If you have more questions, please ask

Dr Owen :

I have been with you for over 2 hours helping you

Dr Owen :

I have not left you

Dr Owen :

I you mean that you Knew you were not getting treated appropriately by your GP - because you were not -

Dr Owen :

and Please follow my suggestions - that way you will get the PROPER treatment and this will heal

Dr Owen :

Have a good evening

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

as I have been with you for 2 hours

Dr Owen :

that would be quite fair for my time with you

Dr Owen :

don't you think it would be fair for giving you the proper treatment and the names of the medications you need and for the 2 plus hours that I have spent with you -

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Why did you give me a bad rating -

Dr Owen :

I have been here for you for 2 plus hours - helping you, answering everyone of your questions

Dr Owen :

why did you do that to me?

Dr Owen :

Wow for 2 1/2 hours of help you gave me a poor

Dr Owen :

well Good luck to you

Dr Owen :

I think I probably saved your arm by providing these suggestions

Dr Owen :

good luck to you

Dr Owen :

bye

Dr Owen :

Okay - I understand -

Dr Owen :

you wanted free information

Dr Owen :

That is fine

Dr Owen :

I wish you the best

Dr Owen :

Have a wonderful weekend, and have a happy mother's day

Dr Owen :

bye

Dr Owen :

well since you have given me a bad and then a poor - for my work - I will leave you alone

Dr Owen :

I wanted to just make sure that you do get this treated properly

Dr Owen :

as your GP is running the risk of you losing your arm if you continue on this way

Dr Owen :

good luck

Dr Owen :

.

Dr Owen :

x

Customer:

Hi. Sorry if I upset you. Thanks for advice-will follow up. Will submit good rating when able to

Dr Owen :

You ae welcome

Dr Owen :

Please click on Excellent

Dr Owen :

that would be appreciated

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Can you see the Excellent button

Dr Owen :

Are you there?

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

thank you

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

thank you

Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience: Board certified Ob/Gyn