Well bleeding in the first trimester is very common and it could be due to many reasons....
1. This could be due to a low progesterone level
2. This could be due to an infection - even an UTI - urinary tract infection
3. This could also be possibly due to a miscarriage since you have had two of them
So, HERE is what I suggest
1. I would get an ultrasound - to see if you have a fetal heart and if you do - then I would suggest getting a progesterone level as you might need progesterone such as Prometrium to help
2. You should have your cervix checked for possible Incompetency of the cervix - you might need a stitch - a cerclage as it is called to hold the cervix together.
3. You should be checked for infections - as you might need an antibiotic.
4. Also have your thyroid checked too - as this could be a problem and easily treated.
I wish you well
Please click on Excellent for helping you
I"m still here
I'm on Crinone gel since I discovered the pregnancy as prescribed by my OB. In the area in Ireland where I live you cant get a scan on the weekends but I have one scheduled for Wednesday the 14th. Am I right to stay in bed till I get scan? Obvious;y if bleeding worsens I know a mis is inevitable.
Good, I'm glad you are on the Crinone - a progesterone - please make sure you are not skipping any doses.
and Yes, stay in bed and relax,
Make sure you are eating well, but also make sure you are still drinking PLENTY of fluid
I hope the bleeding does not worsen -
I am online at any time - as I get an email to my phone...
so if you have questions you can always ask
Thanks so much. We're very lucky to have a perfect little boy (2yrs old) and I know I'm a little older now so more possibility of things not working out. Really appreciate you advice and kind wishes.