Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

Had an laparoscopy and then got an infection I think pelvic?

Had an laparoscopy and then got an infection I think pelvic? Do you think I will have anyone term damage from this as I would like to have ivf.
Also I feel so tired and still have Pain prior to opening bowels do you think they are I flamed or infected too?

Any Info would be appreciated

Many thanks XXXXX
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen :

HEllo

Dr Owen :

Well usually if the infection is Treated appropriately then you should NOT have a problem.

Dr Owen :

In addition, to CHECK to see if everything is helping....I would do what is known as a HSG - Hysterosalpingogram - and that way you can check your fallopian tubes = and if your tubes are open then you do NOT need to worry - and you should be able to get pregnant....

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

I have to deliver a baby right now

Dr Owen :

I will be back if you have more questions

Dr Owen :

but follow what I have suggested

Dr Owen :

:-)

Customer: What if they did not treat it right first? Also he has removed my tubes as they were full of fluid so only option is ivfy body rejected the the antibiotics
Customer: At first
Customer: Can you please answer this question after u have delivered the baby much appreciated
Dr Owen :

I'm back

Dr Owen :

Had a c-section with twins!!!

Dr Owen :

OKAY got it

Dr Owen :

So you had what is known as a Hydrosalpinx -fluid in the tubes

Dr Owen :

So for YOU - If you had an infection - or you do not know if you still have a problem - what I would suggest is getting an Endometrial biopsy to check for an Endometritis - and if you do not have that - then you should be absolutely fine -

Dr Owen :

You an also always get treated with an antibiotic called Doxycycline 100mg twice per day for 10 days and that will help just to be sure

Dr Owen :

I hope this helps

Dr Owen :

If you have more questions, please ask

Dr Owen :

Please click on Excellent for helping you

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Customer: Hi thanks for that mu consultant said that he sent my Fallopian tube of to the lab and it came back with a small degree of endometriosis also I'm on doxyclicline .
Dr Owen :

that is perfect - so exactly as I have said -

Dr Owen :

you are already taking the doxycycline - and that is all you need to do

Customer: i do have a small degree of endometriosis as he sent my Fallopian tube if to the lab .
Dr Owen :

Yes - but since the tube is gone and you are not doing IVF - endometriosis is not a concern any longer

Dr Owen :

sorry you ARE doing IVF....

Dr Owen :

endometriosis is not a concern

Customer: yes I do have endometriosis he has just told me that's the results of the Lab diagnosed this on my Fallopian tubes what does this mean am I in trouble now
Dr Owen :

Like I have said - IT DOES NOT MATTER-

Dr Owen :

Forget the diagnosis of endometriosis - you are doing IVF _ it has ZERO affect on IVF

Dr Owen :

so you are fine.....just get endometriosis OUT OF YOUR HEAD - it is just a diagnosis - the was there on the fallopian tubes so it was just reported - and has NOTHING to do with you now.

Customer: Oh ok sorry thank you could not see what I had typed
Dr Owen :

Have a great evening

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

That is how justanswer credits me for helping you

Customer: And yourself
Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

:-)

Customer: thank you you sure I'll be ok?
Dr Owen :

yes you will be okay - NOTHING to worry about -

Dr Owen :

do NOT worry

Dr Owen :

Have a good evening

Dr Owen :

Please click on Excellent

Dr Owen :

Customer: Ok thanks and the pain will go prior to opening my bowels
Dr Owen :

you do not need to worry -

Customer: Ok thanks I have hD numerous ops in the past though will this not affect anything
Dr Owen :

again, I will say it again

Dr Owen :

you will be fine

Dr Owen :

and JUST do the IVF

Dr Owen :

you have a bit of anxiety and just put that behind you

Dr Owen :

You have to put EVERYTHING behind you and proceed with the IVF - that is all you need to do -

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

that would be appreciated for everything I have helped you with

Dr Owen :

thank you

Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience: Board certified Ob/Gyn