Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

PLEASE HELP? Can I get a positive pregnancy test from a

Customer Question

PLEASE HELP? Can I get a positive pregnancy test from a urine sample just 5 days after sex or will I have already have been pregnant?
Me and my husband have been trying to conceive for the last two month, we are using no contraception. I stupidly had sex with a other man though 5 days before I found out I was pregnant. Both a First Response and Clear Blue Digital test came up positive. The Clear blue said 1-2 weeks.
My last cycle was long 41 days as I had a miscarriage on March 4th and it threw my cycle off. The other man I slept with did not cum inside me, but he did cum 3 times throughout the night. I took the emergency contraceptive pill the next day (detail of which one below) after taking a pregnancy test which came up negative. That was on the Thursday, the following Monday I did a rubbish Sainsburys preg a test and I thought I could see a fate line but wasn't sure. The positive tests were the next day. Please help. I so want my husband's baby but not this mans. Could it be his?
Details below:

Last period : April 14th to 18th

Dates had sex:
April 18th, 20th, 22nd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 30th
May 3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th, 10th, 11th

Sex with other man: Midnight of Wednesday 14th leading in to Thursday 15th May

Took emergency contraception Levonelle at 5pm Thursday 15th May

Discovered pregnancy at midday (12pm) on Tues 20th
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 2 years ago.

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

You can NOT get a positive pregnancy test just 5 days after sex - that is absolutely 100% impossible

Dr Owen :

At the earliest - a pregnancy test will not be positive until about 9 to 10 days after you have had sex.

Dr Owen :

So OKAY - given your dates of your Last period start date and also the date of the positive pregnancy test - You got pregnant around the 8th, 10th or 11th of May -

Dr Owen :

You did NOT get pregnant 14/15 of May.

Dr Owen :

SO you can absolutely relax and do NOT worry

Dr Owen :

I wish you well

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Dr Owen :

and that should help you as the baby is definitely your husband's.

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

thank you

JACUSTOMER-krcw636s- : I've read so many places online that women have has positive pregnancy tests after 5 days. Please advise how you can say 100% it's impossible. I'm happy with what you've said but scared.
JACUSTOMER-krcw636s- : Doctor Owen. I would also like to ask if the emergency contraception I took could have effected my baby?
JACUSTOMER-krcw636s- : Are you still there sir?
JACUSTOMER-krcw636s- : Doctor Owen please respond, I'm freaking out here a bit?
JACUSTOMER-krcw636s- : Why are you no longer online talking to me?
JACUSTOMER-krcw636s- : I have read that I should continue to post you questions and you will respond at a later date. I see that you're online though so I'm confused. My questions:
JACUSTOMER-krcw636s- : You say that it's 100% impossible. Please explain how that's so?
JACUSTOMER-krcw636s- : Will my baby right now be able to be picked up on an ultra-sound? I was so worried that I booked myself in to an abortion consultation in 2 days on Friday. The clinic say they'll only do a medical abortion (2 pills) if I'm 5 week and 3 days pregnant. Am I? Or less?
JACUSTOMER-krcw636s- : I will cancel the abortion if the baby is 100% my husbands
JACUSTOMER-krcw636s- : I was wondering if the abortion clinic would be able to tell me how far gone I am on Friday, and thus help me make the decision
JACUSTOMER-krcw636s- : Would I be right in thinking, as the contraceptive pill is 85% effective if taken within 24 hrs or less, that if I was NOT pregnant that would have stopped any of the sperm from the third party (the other man I had sex with) fertilising me? Am I wrong with that?
JACUSTOMER-krcw636s- : Or I would have just had my period
JACUSTOMER-krcw636s- : Please help. These are all questions flying around my head
JACUSTOMER-krcw636s- : Forgive me I the answers are obvious. I need to hear this advice from an expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I couldn't chat to the doctor and ask him the questions I needed to.
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 2 years ago.

Hello I am here.... The reason it is impossible for TWO reasons... From the calculation of when you ovulated you ovulated around the 8th to the 11th of MAY Next, you then also can NOT have a positive pregnancy test at 5 days after sex - because the Human body can NOT make HCG (the hormone that produces a positive pregnancy test Until about 9 to 10 days after you have ovulated. So therefore you do not need to be worried as this baby will be your husband's. I know what the internet says- and honestly there is a LOT of misinformation out there, and you do not need to worry. I have been an ob/gyn for over 20 years and what I have told you is the truth - and so please do not worry at all - I have done the calculation for you and hence this is your husband's baby. I wish you well Please click on EXCELLENT

Please Click on Excellent

That would be fair for the amount of time I have given you