Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

I have recently stopped taking femodene as I was hoping to

I have recently stopped taking femodene as I was hoping to TTc. I stopped 2 months ago and still not had a period just spotting a week ago and I had a negative pregnancy test 3 days after. I have been feeling incredibly irritable on and off and having really low days. I'm just wondering if it's normal that my period is taking so long to return? Why did the spotting occur? Is my mood is likely to even out in time as I don't feel myself.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen : Hello
Dr Owen : Why were you taking the femodene?
Customer: as a contraceptive. I have been on it for 8 years
Dr Owen : Okay, just wanted to be sure.
Dr Owen : well when you stop a birth control it can take up to 4 to 6'months for your body to normalize so that you are ovulating at regular I tervals
Dr Owen : so at this point all you need to do is to get into good shape, exercise, take prenatal vitamins, drink plenty of water.
Customer: Ok so this isn't unusual? Why did spotting occur?
Dr Owen : that is very common
Dr Owen : i would suggest getting a good ob gyn exam now too even before pregnancy
Customer: Would that just to be sure my body is ready?
Dr Owen : Yes and I always suggest a prenatal exam, it is good thing to get done
Customer: Ok. One last thing is my mood likely to level out in time? Is it just hormones settling?
Dr Owen : Oh yes, they definitely will, just give your body a few more months to adjust
Dr Owen : i wish you well
Dr Owen : please click on EXCELLENT
Dr Owen : thank you
Customer: Ok thanks for your help
Dr Owen : and have a great week