Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

Ureaplasma

Customer Question

Where does it originate? In the male or female body? Did I catch this from my girlfriend? I never had unprotected sex with anyone apart from her?

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

I can see you are asking "Where did it originate" - but I do not know what it is...can you tell me what you have?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, Ureaplasma

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just wasn't sure if it was common in both male and females as naturally occurring? Is it always there? Then tends to multiply once you begin having unprotected sex?

Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

The ureaplasma is not usually a STD - these are bacteria that just occur - and how people get them when they have not had STDs are really difficult to explain - but they do just occur - and it is very easy to Treat with a medication called Azithromycin - and so that is what we do for this.

I wish you well
Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you