Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

Three years ago I went to see my g.p. With a lump. She

Three years ago I went to see my g.p. With a breast lump. She diagnosed me with a fibroademona. For the last two days I have experienced intermittent sharp pain in the breast concerned, should I see my gp?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Well at your age of 23, this is very Unlikely to be a cancer but If you have not had a biopsy of this breast lump and if you have not had Imaging such as an ultasound or a MRI - this should be done.

Dr Owen :

So if you are having Pain and it is Not improving - you definitely need to get seen - and if you want - you can safely take medication such as Ibuprofen (same thing as Advil or Motrin) and you can Add Acetominophen (same thing as paracetamol) to help this pain.

Dr Owen :

Also, if you have a single lump this should definitely get a biopsy to make sure it is benign and not a cancer.

Dr Owen :

I wish you well

Dr Owen :

Please if you have more questions, please ask

Customer: If the pain doesn't seem to be there tomorrow do I still need to see the gp?
Dr Owen :

I would make an appointment to get this more fully evaluated so that you do not have to go through this pain any more.

Customer: Ok thank you