Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

My last was the 21st of May It lasted around 10 days

Customer Question

My last period was the 21st of May It lasted around 10 days but I have had continuous brown spotting and light cramps that go away again I was also of my birth control for 1 month before hand and had started back the day my period started can you help me ?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Can you clarify your birth control use....

Dr Owen :

1 Did you use the birth control as you should have - daily, and then off for one week (or took the placebo/surgar pills)?

Dr Owen :

2.. Also which birth control are you taking?

Dr Owen :

Now, if you had skipped the birth control of were off the birth control for more than 10 days or you skipped any pills during the month - this can cause spotting, irregular discharge.

Dr Owen :

Also, other reasons for this could be a possible infection, you might have a thyroid condition - so if you have been taking the birth control as Prescribed - then you should get evaluated for a possible Infection with a culture and also get a TSH thyroid blood test to check for a thyroid condition - thyroid problems are very common and they are easily treated too with medications.

Dr Owen :

I wish you well

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Dr Owen :