Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

Hello My wife is in Morocco. She is in her 8th month of

Customer Question

My wife is in Morocco.
She is in her 8th month of pregnancy. She has started bleeding.
Bleeding is not heavy. She went to see the doctor, they did some analysis.
Doctor diagnosed some cut deep in the vaginal walls perhaps. He gave an injection so the bleeding can stop.
After 24 hours, bleeding is less, but some still there. Doctors are calling her tomorrow to perform a small surgery to seal this cut to stop bleeding.
Please advise, if the Moroccan doctors are taking the right decisions?
Muzafar Mahmood
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 2 years ago.

Dr Owen :

hello

Dr Owen :

Well if this is JUST vaginal bleeding and NOT from the cervix - then that is the right decision -

Dr Owen :

IF she is STILL bleeding then she might just go ahead and deliver if she is 36 weeks or more into her pregnancy

JACUSTOMER-2kgikmlq- :

Is the operation minor and simple, where will they do insertion from, Vaginal entry, that seems obvious to me, so no danger to the womb

Dr Owen :

No danger to the womb itself

Dr Owen :

so you do not need to worry about this

JACUSTOMER-2kgikmlq- :

Okay, so it sounds like something that occurs in this stage, and nothing much to worry

JACUSTOMER-2kgikmlq- :

can occur at this stage

Dr Owen :

Yes this is common and nothing to worry about

JACUSTOMER-2kgikmlq- :

if she goes for the delivery , then it will have to be induced or it will be a caesarian

Dr Owen :

She can still have a vaginal delivery

Dr Owen :

this will NOT affect the way she delivers

JACUSTOMER-2kgikmlq- :

okay thanks, ***** ***** vaginal she will have to wait until the time and when the pains start and water breaks, So I guess we can wait, if the bleeding stops

Dr Owen :

and when her water breaks - it is time to delivery

Dr Owen :

so please do not worry about this - this is a very common problem and NOTHING to worry about.

Dr Owen :

I wish you well

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Dr Owen :

JACUSTOMER-2kgikmlq- :

okay, great, any other advise doctor? in these circumstances

Dr Owen :

have a good day

Dr Owen :

there really is nothing else you need to do - but one piece of advice - Please stop worrying...honestly

Dr Owen :

women have been having babies for thousands of years - you do not need to worry

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

thank you

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for all the help I have given you

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

that is how I get credit for helping you from justanswer

Dr Owen :

Expert:  Dr Owen replied 2 years ago.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

Please SEE BELOW...

Expert:  Dr Owen replied 2 years ago.

This is nothing to worry about - and as long as she is not having contractions, loss of fluid from her membranes breaking, and as long as the baby is moving around she is okay - and you do not need to worry.

Please click on EXCELLENT - as that would be fair for helping you today
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 2 years ago.
Hello - with no contractions, no loss of fluid and if the baby is moving around all is well and no need to worry

I wish you well.
Tell me when she delivers.
thank you