Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
26166488

My grandchild has had strep a around the and peranal

Customer Question

My grandchild has had strep a around the vagina and peranal region.she also has had 2 u.t.is this has been going on for 3 months now has developed the same symptoms. One swab has come back negative and she has been rewarded.she has not seen a doctor throughout.my daughter is extremely worried and I am very concerned she is going to develop severe complications. My daughter has consistently tried to see her Coburn has only been given over the phone consultstionsPlease what can we do
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen : Hello
Dr Owen : Can you tell me the symptoms and signs around the vagina?
Dr Owen : Thank you
JACUSTOMER-03qvdkmx- :

Yes she has blistering and severe redness around the vagina and peranal region and states it is very soreB

Dr Owen : This sounds like a yeast infection from the antibiotics
Dr Owen : you can use Clotrimazole cream for this
Dr Owen : it does not require a prescription
JACUSTOMER-03qvdkmx- :

But she has had strep a and looks exactly the same

Dr Owen : Yes I know this is common for little girls like this
Dr Owen : Okay so I am helping you and this girl and you give me a poor rating....
Dr Owen :

Well it looks like you were looking for a free answer since you gave me a poor rating

Dr Owen :

When the advice and suggestion I have given you works - You can come back and say thank you - because STREP on a vaginal area of a little girl - does NOT happen....sounds like whoever is treating this little girl really does not know what they are doing - good luck

JACUSTOMER-03qvdkmx- :

Vv

Dr Owen : You can stop clicking poor I get it, you want free help
Dr Owen : i get it
Dr Owen : good bye
Dr Owen : you can stop clicking on poor, you have done it 3 times already, I get it
Dr Owen : if you would like additional information then please click on EXCELLENT so I know you are serious in me helping you
Dr Owen : thank you
Dr Owen : ....
Dr Owen : ,,,